Friday, August 28, 2009

The Silver Lining

Yesterday, I celebrated my 26th birthday. What I thought would be a devastating day for me, turned out to be a brilliant day filled with loads of wishes and love from family and friends, even estranged friends. And I couldnt have asked for the day to unfold more brilliantly.

The previous day, I received a large bouquet of colourful flowers from a friend who's not in town. What a surprise! And a day early! But I wasn't complaining. Nothing like flowers to make you feel all happy and cheerful! Hey Gautam ;)

Pre-birthday flutter. Check.

At midnight, my 2 beautiful flatmates jump started my birthday with a nice little birthday cake (lit up) and a party hat for me. Somewhere between "Happy Birthday to you" and "May God bless you", they realised that the whole thing was too civilised for their comfort. And before I knew it, I was wearing a chocolate cream facepack.

Beauty Regimen face pack. Check.

When I woke up in the morning, I was greeted with a giant cake, flowers and .. believe it or not.. a musical card from my Dad. How cute is that? Trust dads to come up with something that unbelievably cute and tacky.. just to give you the giggles! And if that wasnt a perfect enough, a friend of mine dropped in to wish me and say Hi before I embarked on the monumentous task of "dealing with being 26". Hi Su! :D

Feel good. Check.

As the day wore on, so did my cellphone battery. I was swamped with phone calls all day. And Boy! It felt good to talk to people, ones I hadn't spoken to in ages.

Get back in the loop. Check.

In the evening, after receiving strict instructions to dress up (Or like Barney says, Suit Up!), I got dressed and was taken to The Tapas Lounge in Caperberry. It was a brilliant idea because the place was very nice. I'm just going to let the photos do all the talking now :)



And the location scout courtesy Mads :)


The awesome cake.. All thanks to Rashmi and Swe


Since I am in love with all things numbered, bulleted, post-it(ed) and in general, oragnized, I loved the post-it card they gave me


And since we are on the subject of shoes, here are some fabulous statement shoes


Edit: I recently discovered the efforts Ramya and Su made to ensure that I got my birthday gift on the 27th itself and not later. There was a lot of last minute running around for it. And I'm so thankful that they made the effort :)



Have a badass B'day. Check!

Thanks to my family and friends who delightfully surprised me with their love and care when I least expect it. I wont last a day without all of them!

2 comments:

vikram said...

belated b'day wishes reshma :)

Vikram (Thomson)

RK said...

Vikram Raghuram Thanks a lot Vikram.. :)