And I haven't accomplished a single task from this year's resolution list. Though, I have accomplished other stuff that weren't on the list. So in order to save myself any further beating, I'm NOT going to make a list of things to do for the next year.
I only expect 2 things from myself for the next year - contentment and gratitude.
While running the risk of sounding like a complete ass, these 2 specific things are very hard for me to achieve. I belong to the set of people who are never satisfied with what life has to offer. When life does give you exactly what you desire on a platter, I manage to find one flaw (atleast) and like I have been saying a lot these days; "Cant wrap my head around it". Contentment is hard for such people. But it must be found! Gratitude is a whole other story. While I am completely aware of the eleventy million awesome things that near and dear ones do for me, I sometimes find myself guilty of taking them for granted and not expressing my gratitude enough. Many a times I have caught myself thinking "how else?" and then berate myself for being so comfortable with it. That too will change!
This year was filled with a lot of very happy memories and events. I was a lot more at peace with myself and did quite a bit to find direction. At this point, even though I don't have the specifics, I atleast have a general plan and I want to see myself sticking to that in the coming year. Good things have happened for my family this past year. And I can only see things getting better. God willing, it will! Friends have borne wonderful news and many see themselves happier. And that's somehow comforting.
My life has gone through some minor changes - new apartment, new job, new plans. I started the year with a bang and I think the momentum kind of pushed me through the year. And whaddaya know!! Time flew and before you know it, you're picking out outfits for the next new year bash! I had a wonderful birthday and a lovely Christmas and hopefully a nice new year! I had the opportunity to catch up with some old friends that I hadn't seen in ages and saw them happier and much more zen!
It hasn't all been roses. There have been phases of sadness, fall-outs with friends, career dissatisfaction etc etc. But these are problems everyone has and are bound to happen. You just have to pick up the pieces and keep rolling. (Speaking of rolling, I have in renewed rigour, signed up for gym again! I'm not taking any bets on how long I will last)
The new year will no doubt find most of us on the precipice of.. ummm.. lets call it "something" for now. Whether that something will be good or not is completely dependent on our decisions and ability to realise what we really want. Wise men say that we must clear out the old in order to let new good things come into our lives. Come on, Good! I’m making lots of room.
So here's hoping that we all realise whatever-the-hec-it-is we want, without too much drama. And hoping that our decisions will lead us to "something" good!
Happy New year!
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
After a really bad year,with a few bright spots in between,I am so hoping 2010 will be better and bring in good changes,changes for the better.
On a happier note,its the 5th new year since 2005.And I am glad,this 5th year celebration will be with you.
Happy new year sweetie and here's to many more years of friendship
"5th new year since 2005"( Since the time we got to know each other :))
Rashmi : Wow!! 5 years.. Half a decade!! Cheers to many more such years.. I am super glad I get to do the new yrs' eve properly this time with you! Lets hope we make the best of it! Suit up!! :D
Happy New Year! And good wishes to everyone
Post a Comment