Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Decision Dance

Note: Random rambling. May not make total sense. Sure as hell doesn't make sense to me!

If a person wants to buy a new laptop or TV or any other gadget, one would normally go to all the trusted brands and do a comparative study of all factors relevant to one's requirement. After a complete analysis, you decide on what you want and go get it. You know exactly what you are buying simply because what looks good on paper works for you! Minimum confusion. Maximum accuracy.

One can only wish everything in life was as simple as that. But things aren't always that black and white. Infact if there was a visual aid for life, it would look like a giant football field with a 1 mm wide periphery, the short sides are white and long sides are black. And ALL that space in the centre is grey. That's life!! One giant football field full of grey.

There are no right answers. Nothing you do or say will give you a 100/100. If you're lucky, it may look like a debate with the majority agreeing with you. And you walk away with the prize. Note: If you're lucky!

Anyways.. what was I saying?!? Decisions!! The thing with decisions is that if it affected only your life, it wouldn't be so confusing. But when you see how you're decisions affect the lives of others, that when it gets messy. And then you start this little flow chart in your head where you figure all your decision boxes and possible courses of actions. And I'll bet atleast once, in everyone's life, there will be a flow chart where whichever leg you take, the final outcome is always "You're screwed". Its one of those jokes that the universe thinks is funny. And you're NOT laughing!

What do you do? The decision dance.. you swing from one end of the decision box to the other.. Maybe I want to do this - No.. wait.. I want to do that - Hang on.. ummm.. I want the other thing - That - This - That - This.. You get the drift! It would atleast be a little fun if there was some music to go with it.. But all I can hear in my head is the devil's beat.

The challenge - To finally pin point on a course of action that doesn't result in a blitzkrieg.
The hope - To figure out what I want. And possibly, a cheat code.
The wish - To be 6 months old like my little niece whose only challenge in life is to grab both her feet and shove them in her mouth or.. do a double roll. How cool is her life!!

No comments: