Thursday, December 18, 2008

Because every family has a rat

What does one do who when a nosey relative tries to tell your mom that staying away from home is spoiling your child?

In all honesty, I deeply dislike this particular relative of mine. I find her stuck up and rather conservative. Also, she is infamous for putting her nose where it doesnt belong. Like this instance.

I know that most families have atleast one such character amongst them. You agree to see them only because your parents force you to and in every family function, you try your level best to dodge them each time they come near you.

No matter how much we blame the generation gap for differences between us and our parents, I have to admit that at some basic blueprint level, we're exactly like them. What's unfortunate is that the children of this annoying relative of mine are exactly like her. They somehow think its alright for them to be nosey because their parents do it.

I dont appreciate when people question my lifestyle choices. I especially dont appreciate when they question my parents for my lifestyle choices.

I sure was glad when my mom put her in her place by telling her that she has complete faith in me and that she wasnt worried.

So coming back to the original question- What does one do with such relatives?
If i were living in the medieval times, i would have called her a witch and watched the people burn her. Thats how much I dislike her.

But since im not in medieval ages and since her tadle-tale children are on my friends list in public forums, i have barred them from seeing any information or photos of mine; even though they are friends. And I hate blocking friends. I think its immature. But with weird family, i think its OK to bend the rules a little.

You know what I don't get.. Almost every person in my family is cool and open minded. How this one turned out to be a bad apple, I fail to understand. But if you're reading this, you are most probably thinking the same of atleast one such person in your family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yeah..they come with the territory.I just dont understand as to why they think they have the right to interfere!Just ignore them or better yet give them a lil dosage of "Resh Medicine" :)

RK said...

Cant ignore.. coz they are family. and can't give them a dose. coz thats unacceptable to folks. So like i said, the least I can do is block them so they cant have any information :D

Swetha said...

I think all my relatives are like that :). One is any day better than all ;)