Monday, March 05, 2007

Frog in the Throat

I am pretty sure almost everybody has been in this peculiar situation where you feel like the words that you want to say just get stuck in your throat .. to the point where you feel like you may just choke.

For the remaining who have never been in such a situation.. I have one question..
How the hell are you still alive after spending your whole life shooting your mouth off like that??!!

Its a pretty unnerving situation to be in.. especially when you come close to the point where you might pick up something and hurl it at the person involved ..or worse.. say wats on your mind!!

And then you daydream that you finally give diplomacy the boot.. and decide for once to stand up and speak .. come what may.. coz in your mind you have decided that the consequences, no matter how grave, are better than sitting around like a chicken. Then you hear the entire choir orchestra in your head.. and you are thinking.. I have finally been exalted.. I dont have to suffer the burden of my knowledge anymore.. salvation!!

And when the moment of truth arrives.. I hear myself saying..
"Hey.. Howz it goin?? " with a slight nonchalant tilt of my head as I engage in idle conversation and later walk away..
And yet again in my head.. I hear the looney tunes soundtrack as I drown back into the well where the frog lives..no redemption..no exaltation..no salvation..only chicken!!

5 comments:

Swetha said...

Whenever I have come across such situations, I have done 3 things:

1.When my intution persists on and on that"Its the right time!" I have blurted out what I wanted to say. It has always made me feel light hearted no matter what the consequence is.

2. Felt the person is not even worthy of knowing what I genuinely feel, so i don't get the frog out!

3. Felt none of my business and tried fighting the feeling with a thought that I shouldn't let things like this destroy my peace.

RG said...

well u know me..Diplomacy and Rashmi just dont go together:):)But most of the time,its better u just tell it out,u will atleast feel that u told them and wont have to regret that u never told it.....hmm but if u r saying this wrt to advising someone,then it depends on ur relation with that person...if u r close enough and care abt them,then go ahead and tell them..They may not agree and maybe they would get angry,but sometime later when they come to their senses,they will realise their mistake and again u will feel that relief that u had the guts to stand up to them and tell it..but only in cases like 2 and 3 as pointed by swe,maybe its better to just shut up.....

RK said...

i cant even make up my mind as to what case i belong to..1, 2 or 3.
ironic :)

Anonymous said...

As someone once said,"Better out than in":)

RK said...

Gimme three steps, mister ... Gimme three steps towards the door ...

-LYNYRD SKYNYRD

lol.. and history repeats :)