
- my jeans fit me a little too snug for comfort..
- i pant like a bloody dog if i run so much as 10 feet..
- i have become lazy beyond hope..
- and all i ever eat now a days is absolutely unhealthy food.
I have recently realised that all the excess baggage accumulating on my body is not going to magically disappear by folding my hands and blinking once.So i looked at myself long and hard one day and decided that the ways of the glotton and sloth have to change. And I dont have the will power to do it on my own.
Personally, I hate exercise. I hate entering a gym even more. The treadmill is the absolute worst.. i mean .. come on!! ur running and running and not reaching anywhere!! Its the most frustrating way to lose weight and get healthy. I would much rather run on the street if it weren't for all those goddamn dogs on the roads all over town.. and all the recent news about the street dogs attacking people has done little to comfort my paranoia.
So i decided to enroll with Chisel for their Aerobics programme. I figured that would be more my speed as all i ever imagined people doing in aerobics is happily jumping up and down with high energy music in the background.. almost like dance. And dancing is something i enjoy a lot. So why not aerobics?
The first day i showed up with a friend for the session..full of enthusiasm.. all excited about the new 'good thing' i was going to start. The instructor asked me to start slow and take breaks whenever i felt like.. He kept stressing on "SLOW!!"
Within 15 minutes, i wanted to DROP DEAD!! In my head i was thinking " Why God?? Why me??" ..I was cursing the instructor.. myself.. the damn music.. everything.. im sure if the Pope had stood in front of me right then .. i would have cursed him as well..
The instructor saw my wretchedness and called out "Yo.. first day first show!! take it slow" and gave me a big smile that said "ur gonna kill yourself if u dont listen to me.. the Almighty!!" !! I wanted to right hook him then and there.. then jump on him like i would jump on a trampolien. All i did was smile back and showed him a thumbs up (Although I wanted to show him the middle finger!!)
Within 30 minutes.. I was panting.. dripping with sweat.. and stopping the routine every 5 minutes (Sometimes out of exhaustion.. but more often because i did not know what the hell the cues were )
By the time the workout was over .. I wanted to pass out right there on the fitness mat where i did my crunches. Oh dear Lord!! I felt like my whole life was flashing before my eyes and i would never see daylight again.. LOL.. this feeling lasted 10 minutes. Once i was outside breathing fresh air ( aka. exhaust from vehicles on richmond road during peak hour), i was glad i came out of that alive..
All of the above description may sound like gross exaggeration. But a workout like that is more tiring than 2 hours of fierce basketball(which is that max I can do!) and not as easy as it looks.
After a few more sessions, the extent of my agony has reduced . I still miss a lot of cues.. I still cant match the pace of the class and need to take quick breaks to catch my breath.. but all in all.. going good :)
6 comments:
LoL...I almost fell out of the chair,just imagining u going thro that!!!!
i think the trainer was having a hard time controlling his laughter too.. watching me hyperventilate and bulb alternatively :D
hey good for you...keep at it....
Gautam:
i plan to :)
Nice work Panda. I have a love hate relation with the Gym. And I have added extra girth since we last met :D
Nice work
for readers:
i have nor will i ever be referred to as Panda
Chaitanya:
Divs told me about that extra girth.. lol.. work it out :D
i hate a hate realtion with anything.. but sometimes.. u gotta do it inspite of hating it.. kinda like anna univ exams
Post a Comment