Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Woe!

I have always believed that whenever one really looks forward to something (and I mean really really looks forward to it), something/someone will ruin it. Its just a weird freak Murphy's Law equivalent that makes no sense. And yet, you sit there disappointed through no fault of your own.

I bought a new car a week ago. I did a lot of research on the feasibility, car specifications, ease of drive etc and finally decided on the Figo. It arrived at my doorstep on 1 Oct(Fri). I had to travel for work on Saturday and returned late on Tuesday night. I drove the car under the supervision of my dad for exactly 5 days after that.

My little brother meanwhile could not keep still and decided that it would be a good idea to take the car out for a solo spin without informing me or my parents. And because the universe hates me, he came back home with a 1 sq.ft scratch on the brand new car's bumper . Grotesque!

I had not even taken the car out for a solo spin myself and his conscience allowed him to ruin it for me. I was immediately reminded of 2nd Standard when I forced mom to buy me my first Barbie and my brother took a scissor and cut off her hair. And my bum turned red in the interrogation process.
Or 5th Standard when I got my first Casio Piano and again! What a surprise, my brother broke the adaptor. Do little boys ever grow up? Breaking and destroying things!

I am so filled with rage right now that I want to systematically find everything that he loves.. and break it with a hammer! Starting with his fancy gaming headset that I broke last night.

I love my baby but sometimes he makes me so angry.. I swear my head will explode soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch!! I know that feeling, when you are not responsible for the first scratch on ur car.

People say i am not much of a person who bickers or cries , but i swear to God, that day , i was close to both!!

I am guessing you must have it fixed by now ?

RK said...

I did cry! :P

I haven't got it fixed yet. Im going to get that done when I get my first service done. And that is 3 months from now! :(

Anonymous said...

Remember how Kitty (Mrs Foreman) from that 70's show, looks at her scuffed shoes and goes ... i can picture you doing that!! for the next three months! suck it up!

and i said "close"!!! EOD!