Is shaking a trinket really the best way to make a baby stop crying? Is that really a solution to the reason why the baby cried in the first place.
That is probably the random-est thought I have had all day! Truth be told, that thought is hardly random. There is a root.
Most people have a way of writing off things they cant have as things they were never "meant" to have. It wasn't in their destiny! Really? How is that any different from a trinket shoved in a crying baby's face?
I can never be sure that the things I cant have are exactly the things that are best for me. Only, I will never know. Lost opportunities are just that. We accept what life offers as balm for the gaping holes that are the things you cant have.
Times in your life when you question everything, second guess your choices, analyse every last factor that becomes part of a decision making process; and still wonder - What if? Stopping yourself from falling into a spiral of all those unnerving thoughts stuck on repeat is the hardest thing I have ever had to do.
Maybe its too early for me to realise the wisdom of destiny. Maybe I'll never get it. Maybe I have some sort for chronic anxiety disorder and love torturing myself for no reason. And if that last possibility is my reality, then a trinket is just what I need.
Not knowing is a bitch!
Tuesday, July 06, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Well,there is no end to the "what ifs" in our life.It is like running behind a mirage.We call certain things as "meant to be" just like the analogy given by you,to pacify ourselves,to provide an answer,even if unsatisfactory.
All we can do is,learn as much as possible from our past,take a few risks(calculated risks :P) in our present and hope it all works out.
Sometimes you just have to take that leap of faith :)
Rashmi
Its like they say ... when you know what you want, you shall have it !! or so to say , when you "want" a desired outcome, you always influence the probabilities( one of the two effing P's you love :P ) .... this is your "What if's" ... ( PS: Big Fan .....)
But its when you see your probabilities as a constant, is when your outlook towards the outcome changes to ... "meant to be". It necessarily doesnt mean you dont know what you want, but just that you need a momentary distraction when figuring out the "how" is hard to come by.
For someone who hates not being the one in control all the time, a trinket is just what you might need for now!
"Not knowing is a bitch!" ...hindsight .... at times knowing is a biatch!! cos when someone said "If you want to make God laugh , tell him about your plans" .... he was probably right !! :P
H
@Rashmi: I hear you. Its what we all eventually end up doing anyways. And believe me when I tell you this.. I can calculate the shit out of a risk! :P And despite weighing out all the factors, we feel that we need to take a "blind leap of faith". I don't even have a problem with that. Its time gap between the leap and the actual verification that you were right(or wrong).. that period of not knowing.. is a killer!
@Multiple clauses: I totally understood every word you said. That's a new record :P
You mentioned 2 views - one where yu steer towards what you want. And the second, where you know exactly what you want and are OK with it.
I think I'm steering. Except, in the the dark. And in the deep wide ocean.. and there may be pirates.. (ok.. i went too far :D) But you get the drift!
Post a Comment