Friday, April 09, 2010

CONTENTS ARE FRAGILE!

Ever since I have joined my new work place, I have noticed that usual manners that were exhibited so easily at my previous work place; are not so easy to come by here. Simple things like holding the lift if you see someone rushing towards it.. or holding a door for someone who looks like they have their hands full with a laptop, notebook, phone and other paraphernalia (or otherwise).. or waiting in queue without pushing the person standing in front of you (no matter how subtly).. or even.. leaving the toilet seat dry when you know that someone could be possibly waiting outside to use it (seriously.. I'm guessing toilets have been around for almost a century now.. how do people not know how to use it?? ). And its not just at work; its everywhere. But then again, thats just SOME people. And its quite possible that they are just having a bad day and don't have the patience for etiquettes or just don't realise. However, I do not think thats a valid excuse since etiquettes should come just as naturally to people as blinking.

So when I was doing my reading this morning, I came across this one line - "I should wear a shirt that reads, “CONTENTS ARE FRAGILE,” and actually that we should all wear that shirt, so that we can all remember to be kind to each other."

It totally hit home!! Its that simple.. Can it be more obvious?

No comments: