Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Borderline

A Dream:

I am sitting in a garden overlooking the valley. I have been warned not to go to the garden for it is dangerous. It reminds me of my house in Aizwal when i was in kindegarden. A woman is taking pictures of me. Im sitting next to a bed of pansies. I am happy. I cannot ask for a anything more. The sky looks beautiful. The clouds look like they are touching the roof tops of the houses in the valley. There are large eagles flying high in the sky. A large eagle is flying very close to us. On second look, it looks larger then i imagined it to be. I look behind to look at the clouds and the valley. I turn around and the woman is gone. I look up in the sky and the eagle is clutching her and flying away. I scream. I realize that i am not in the garden anymore. I am standing in desert now. i am thinking- what have i got myself into?


A memory:


June 2005,Bangalore
Its a mildly cold morning. My mom is packing her bags to go back home. I am gripped in fear and anxiousness and excitement all at the same time. This is the first time i will be living on my own. My mom is giving me her regular set of instructions. I walk her out to the main road. We find a rick together. I help her with her luggage. She hugs me and gets inside. I am standing on the road watching the rick pull away. I am trying to be brave and feeling a huge lump form in my throat, thinking- what have i got myself into?


Collide!

6 comments:

Swetha said...

Atlast!!!
After a Hiatus from blogging, an entry!

Wanted to ask you just today as to what happened, how come no blog entries.

Kite Runner is it?

Was the desert so bad now that its almost been 2 years....

RK said...

Swetha:

I had a Khaled Hosseinni moment.. thought i should tell it the way he does..

After two years.. i dont know if what lies ahead of me is a hallucination or reality!

Mirage effect

Anonymous said...

hi, reading ur blog made two things come to my mind at the same time:
1: you are real good at making trivial things sound fascinating and almost filmy
2:Some poor soul who reads this is going think you have gone through great journey in life, which I guess is just your hackneyed memories wrapped in a shell of grandeur
rohan

Swetha said...

hackneyed memories wrapped in a shell of grandeur

Resh :D... :D!!!!

Everyone has a story to tell rohan, a simple one or one with full of grandeur.... Its stil your story.. as important as anyone elses!

RK said...

Swetha :

"hackneyed memories wrapped in a shell of grandeur"

i like that.. all the things that we have done are in itself.. very insignificant and trivial.. but in totality.. probably the closest to "grandeur" i'll ever get.. i think u kno what im talking about if you look back in time. :D


Rohan :

Maybe i should make movies eh?? LOL

I apologise if my writing bored/disputed ur sense of reality.. but then again.. u can always close the browser window if u dont like what ur reading :D

Anonymous said...

hi reshma,
i am just being an honest critic :(
rohan